Dear readers,
Forgive my delay with my March update!
Even though not much happened during the months of March,
the end of the month turned out very well.
I had a little down during the week that I was sick in and during
the grey and rainy days. I reached the point where I know exactly how it is here
in my host community and I am not learning and experiencing as much as I used
to during the first 5 months, which makes me very excited to go home again and sometimes also a little home sick.
At
the beginning of March, I had a host family appreciation event from AFS, where
all the exchange students from our area team came together to say thank you to
our host families.
Towards the end of the month I went
on a school trip with 500 other students from Duxbury High School. Almost all
the students who were in the school music program went. It was a huge (American)
experience. The destination was the Disney World in Orlando, Florida.

The first day we spent in the Universal
Studios in Orlando and the other three days we spent in the Disney World. We
stayed at a Disney Resort, which meant, that we could go where ever we wanted
in the parks. I enjoyed the parks, but I enjoyed most the time I could spend with
my friends and I got to know them more. Most of the time we were on our own and
we had a lot of free time in the parks, but we also had to a little work to do. Each
music band, orchestra or choir had a music workshop organized by Disney. We
played and recorded Disney music and we played a music piece along a Disney
movie. Not only did we have the workshop, but also a concert in one of the
Disney parks. My band and I performed in Disney Springs. It was an incredible experience.
The trip was also good to get out of the little depression everybody had because of the weather. As excited as everybody was to leave the rainy, snowy and grey Massachusetts, everybody was just as excited to return to their own beds at home to get a long night sleep.
I really appreciate, that you were reading my blog again. I hope you liked it and are excited for the next blog update, that is coming soon.
Nadia <3
 |
| Hannah, me and Kacy in the Hard Rock Café |
 |
| Allie, Elise, Kaitlyn, Hannah, Kacy, me and Maria in Universal Studios |
 |
| Kaitlyn, Elise, Hannah, me, Maria and Kacy |
 |
| Me, Katie and Charlotte in Universal Studios at an orchestra concert. |
 |
| Hannah and I in Universal Studios |
 |
| Me in Disney's Epcot |
 |
| Lindsay and I in Disney's Epcot |
 |
| The Animal Kingdom with Bella and Caroline ( I am in the middle) |
 |
| The band concert from my band. |
 |
| Sarah and I in front of the castle |
 |
| The Disney Castle in the Magic Kingdom |
 |
| My clarinet section with the Disney trophy and Mickey ears back in Duxbury again. |
Comments
Post a Comment